MAKE A SEA CHANGE and SUPER CHARGE YOUR CAREER.
Imagine having 50+ years of clinical experience available to you! This is possible working at S.P.E.E.C.H. Pty alongside experienced clinical supervisors Anne Walker, Karyn Johns, and Lyndal Mayhew. We offer regular one-on-one clinical supervision session that will contribute to your accelerated professional and clinical growth as a certified practicing speech pathologist.
At S.P.E.E.C.H. we are passionate about enjoying a healthy work-life balance. Start your weekends early, go for a walk on the beach or head off for a mini break as both of our clinics close at 3pm.
You’ll have the unique opportunity to receive training in PROMPT and mentoring from our Director and certified instructor, Anne Walker. Additionally, we have a robust professional development program in-house and attractive budget for external training.
Deliver our exclusive community programs funded by DSS e.g. community screenings, ECEC workshops, access to our Read and Grow Program and Let’s Talk Speech Sound packs.
We’re on the lookout for enthusiastic and motivated Speech Pathologists to join our dynamic and supportive team on either a Full Time or Part Time basis. As we continue to expand, you will be an integral part of our exciting growth trajectory. We currently have two openings due to one of our clinicians taking maternity leave at the end of June 2023. Your responsibilities will include working closely with our seasoned therapists to deliver intervention to children and adolescents with communication disorders and disabilities. We have two clinic locations (Coomera and Nerang) with flexible working hours across both sites.
New graduates are welcome to apply.
About the role
This role will encompass the following responsibilities:
- Assess, manage and treat children and adolescents with communication disorders and disabilities.
- Provide high-quality written reports and maintain client records using practice management software.
- Perform off-site consultations as appropriate to collaborate with educators and teachers and to complete observations required for assessment and reporting.
- Engage in peer-to-peer mentoring and sharing outcomes of professional development with SPEECH team members.
- Participate in community-based activities including our unique Talking and Listening Together programs.
- Develop and deliver community education programs such as Read and Grow and the Let’s Talk – Speech Sound Packs.
Benefits and perks
- Highly competitive remuneration package, including an excellent bonus program for reaching your realistic KPIs.
- Ongoing professional development – strong individual and peer mentoring support as well as regular professional development opportunities (such as training in PROMPT).
- Individual clinical supervision from 3 experienced clinical supervisors with over 50 years of combined clinical experience.
- Collaborate with the team during fortnightly team meetings and quarterly team days – contribute to the continual innovation and improvement of S.P.E.E.C.H. practices.
- Diversity of work – opportunity to work across one-on-one assessment and therapy, group programs, and within school and community settings.
- Well-resourced modern clinics with a variety of assessment tools, therapy materials and clinical software systems.
- Supportive environment – positive team culture with fun social events.
- Networking opportunities – connect with Gold Coast pathologists in private practice (GOSPIPP).
- Excellent workplace environment – off-street parking, individual and group therapy rooms, well equipped kitchen and access to up-to-date therapy resources and assessments.
- Onboarding incentive – Whether you are looking to transition roles within the Gold Coast or relocate from inter-state, we offer a healthy incentive to begin your employment with S.P.E.E.C.H.
At S.P.E.E.CH Pty Ltd we strive to get everyone talking and working together to facilitate communication outcomes for our clients.
S.P.E.E.C.H Pty Ltd is a well-established private paediatric speech pathology practice, offering a range of services to families, early childhood centres and schools across Brisbane and the Gold Coast. The company directors, Karyn Johns, and Anne Walker, both have over 20 years experience providing therapy services across a range of sectors in Australia. Anne and Karyn aim to build a supportive team environment for the practice and believe in building a capacity for therapists to work flexibly together on a variety of projects as well as delivering clinical services for clients.
The following values are considered priorities in the design and delivery of a quality pediatric speech pathology service at S.P.E.E.C.H. Pty Ltd:
- Family friendly and community focused
- Accessible and supportive services
- Use of evidence informed practices
- Working together in partnerships
- Development of individualised goals
- Member of Speech Pathology Australia
- Medicare Provider Number eligibility
- Current valid Drivers Licence and reliable vehicle
- Working with Children Check
- Blue Card & NDIS Worker Screening Card
- Proven detail-oriented, interpersonal, and time management skills
Apply today: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Mel (Office Manager) 0412 839 457 anytime for a confidential conversation about transitioning to your new role.